Friday, July 18, 2008

To GOD be the GLORY!

When I first heard this rendition of this song, the very first person I thought of was my friend Emily and she will probably kill me for this! I sat and listened to this song and wept. I wept because of Audrey Caroline and the amazing faith of her mother, Angie--I wept because Todd can really sing-- and I wept when I remembered praying for a baby for Emily and Colby--praying that God's will would be the same as our desire--praying that God would see fit to bless them with a miracle. We were reminded that it wasn't just about having a baby--it was about giving up control--surrendering all--and I do mean ALL--it was about God performing a miracle that only HE could perform--and it was about God getting the GLORY--because we now know...GOD shares His glory with NO ONE! It was not about procedures, positions(oh my!), frequency(oh my, again!), or even about cricks or lace! (Inside joke) It was about surrendering all to the ONE who gives life--to maker of us all--to the one who knew us before time began--to the one who knit us together so perfectly in our mother's womb. He knew that He was going to bless them with sweet Matthew--and then just 16 months later with Sarah Katherine--but we didn't know that at the time. We just had to place our trust in HIM and know that He knows our future and His timing is not always the same as ours --but it is perfect, just like HE is!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!

This is Matthew(aka Shu)--how cool is he?



And Sarah Katherine (aka Sissy)

No comments: