Sunday, January 20, 2008

Financial Peace

Well, today we start Financial Peace University at church. It is one of those things that I know we need to do and I have been wanting to do, but when it comes down to it, I am scared! It's kind of like a diet---it's fun to talk about and plan but when it come down to actually doing it, it's a different story! Also, another way it's like a diet is that I have been wanting to go splurge while I can before I have to change my ways. In the 27 1/2 years that we've been married, I have always been in control of our finances. I have always paid our bills on time and have never missed one, but when it comes time to talk to Eddie about them, it really bothers me. This is the way I think; he thinks that I don't so a good enough job and we should have plenty saved....and I get defensive. This is honestly the only area of our marriage that we struggle with, so that is why we signed up to take this class. Hopefully, it will open the lines of communication so that we will both be on the same page.

No comments: