Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekend poster?

Well, it seems that I have developed a pattern here--only posting on weekends. I just get more involved in reading other blogs that I neglect my own. Pitiful, huh? And to think that I so look forward to new posts on the regular blogs that I read. Of course, I think I am probably the only person that even reads this! I haven't shared this blog with any of my friends or family just yet. It's not that I am ashamed of anything, just don't know that anyone would even want to go to the trouble to read my innermost thoughts. There I go again with my self-critical thinking.
Well, this has been a good week. Monday, since the bank was closed for President's Day, I asked Mama to come and ride with me to get my mammogram. It was not bad at all--I was a little nervous as to how it would feel, but no different than before my surgery. the technician did show me my film from last time compared to my film now--WOW! What a difference--between losing 100 pounds and having breast reduction surgery!! If I could do anything differently, I would have had the surgery a long time ago. This was when Leigh Anne graduated from college in May 2005. Me, Leigh Anne, and Eddie:















This was taken of Leigh Anne and me a couple of weeks ago.



















Monday night I had my Bible Study with the ladies at church. We are doing a study on how to become a mentor. It is a very good study and I am loving the ladies in my group. It's funny how we see each other at church and know each other by name but we don't truly know one another but that is changing fast! I didn't really know some of the ladies before we started this, so it has been a blessing just to get to know them.
On Thursday, I became a Great-aunt again! This time to a baby girl, Briley, who weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces. Both baby and mama are doing well. I can't wait to see and hold her but they lives 6 hours away from us, so it will be a month or so before we go up to see them. Right now, she has grandparents and aunts loving on her. It's just so hard to believe that my nephew is a daddy! I keep thinking that only yesterday he was a little fellow playing with toys--my how time flies! This is my sister-in-law holding her new granddaughter.
Last night, Eddie and I went to Greenville to the Carolina First Center for the 2008 Bassmaster Classic vendor's expo. We saw lots of fun stuff. Plenty of boats and fishing equipment. It made me want to go fishing (except that it's too cold for me!). Eddie and Keith decided to go to the lake this morning to fish. This was one time that I was glad to stay home! It started out cold and foggy and just real damp but it's turned out to be a beautiful day. It's 55 degrees here right now--still too cold to be on the water:) This picture of me fishing was taken last September.
I bought a file cabinet from the bank yesterday. It was in our vault and was no longer being used because it was a cabinet made to house microfilm and since we no longer use microfilm, it was useless to the bank. It has drawers with dividers that will be perfect for my crafting supplies and scrap book supplies. My plan was to get the sewing room cleaned out and reorganized and put the cabinet in there today but I can't budge the thing! It took 4 people to get it in the truck--it's real heavy! I will have to wait for Eddie and Travis to move it for me. I don't want to ruin my floor so I'm not sure how they will get it in there--maybe if we could put some rollers of some type underneath it??
This is the inside of the drawers. I can't wait to get it set up.

No comments: